web videos & youtube optimisation – the key to success
- 4:40 am, Posted by Andrew D
why are web videos essentialEveryone loves videos. They can be entertaining, catchy, funny, and informative, facilitating easy recall. The popularity of digital mediums means businesses are combining both new and traditional modes of communication in an attempt to boost the effectiveness of their campaigns. Research conducted to study the effectiveness of video strategies revealed that brand recall has been known to grow by about 33% when customers saw a web video online before watching the rest of the content. With nearly every person in developed country owning a smart device such as a phone or tablet video viewership is increasing at lightning speed. Below are some statistics about the popularity of video:
- The popularity of videos has made YouTube the second biggest search engine on the internet
- The estimated amount of new videos that are uploaded on the site every minute is approximately 300 hours per minute
- About 323 days’ worth of video content is viewed on Facebook every minute
- It estimated that about 25% of the total video views on YouTube are viewed through a mobile device
- Each day YouTube records about 4 billion video views
using youtube to effectively market your businessBeing the second largest search engine in the world after Google, one cannot ignore the power of YouTube to grow a business. YouTube is a lot more than just a platform to share and store videos. Since its launch, the platform has evolved into an extremely important marketing tool. Three important tips that can be used by a business to make the most of what YouTube has to offer are:
1) creating a youtube channel to reflect your brandA YouTube channel is nothing more than the home page for a specific account. As a brand, it is possible to customise your channel by uploading logos, identifying your specific colour scheme, customising the tag, and controlling the information that appears on the page.
2) incorporate relevant social network profilesEvery time that you upload web videos it is important to ensure you make use all of your social network profiles to promote the video. When you create a channel, it should contain all the important information about all your different profiles to allow users to connect with your brand.
3) upload videos and get noticedIt is always a good idea to upload a short 2-3 minute video that can explain your business and its core mission and value. This introductory trailer will give your customers a peek into your business and how you work. Additionally you can always add more explainer videos about your products and services for secondary information.
tips to boost your youtube optimisation strategyJust like you need a strong online marketing strategy to be noticed on Google, it is necessary to have an effective optimisation strategy for YouTube videos, too. While a regular video can get a few likes, adding some of the tips mentioned below will drastically enhance the way your video is received and promoted:
1) research keywordsKeywords are at the core of every online marketing strategy and they apply when it comes to optimising on YouTube too. It is advised one carries out substantial research and finds the keyword that best suits the content you are creating. Once you have identified the keyword, it needs to be included in the title and the description of the video.
2) use captionsYouTube allows captioning for the videos that are being uploading and shared on the platform. By using the captions, it is possible to make the most of Google’s ability to comprehend the content of the video. There is strong potential to improve your find-abilty by using captioning.
3) annotationsWhile annotations are a relatively new method of improving interactive commentary in videos it’s potential is largely untapped. Businesses are still trying to find the best way to make the most of this feature in their videos. By working with professional videographers, there is a way to create highly professional and engaging web video that will ultimately be more useful to consumers. Annotations allow businesses to add some background information about the video. If used in a smart way, it is possible to create branded content, which can open up any more possibilities. It is also a smart way to link to related videos, channels, or search results from within the video, decreasing bounce rate and ensuring viewers stay on your channel for longer.
what can you do?In the current landscape of digital marketing, a business cannot reach the heights of success without an excellent web video and an equally brilliant YouTube strategy. As a business if you need to expand your options, it would be a smart decision to get in touch with an expert to help modify your current strategy and incorporate some of the above mentioned tips to boost your business. Check out the Lumeo YouTube channel for some examples of our best work.
DO YOU NEED A QUOTE?
Just give us a few details, and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours.get a quote